As 2020 draws to a close, Two Zero programme manager Amin Vepari reflects on the progress Lancashire’s scaleup platform Two Zero has made in its first year.
At the start of 2020, many of us found ourselves raring to seize new opportunities and do great things. What followed was a long, unprecedented year.
It’s important, however, we look for the pearls of positivity and build on achievements in the most challenging of times to give more substance and meaning to what we do going forward.
Despite last year’s challenges it was an instrumental one for Two Zero. As 2020 started, we commenced an exciting journey to empower the county’s truly ambitious fast-growing companies while bringing a greater focus nationally on everything that is amazing about Lancashire’s diverse and vibrant economy:
- We launched our brand in January, developing and introducing our online platforms including a website and social media channels with a purpose and identity
- We joined forces with The Scaleup Institute who operate nationally promoting the scaleup theme and lobbying government on this important agenda
- We integrated ourselves within the Lancashire business support ecosystem led by Boost and found our place in the cycle of services available
- We tapped into critical datasets and trends to inform and support our thinking through platforms such as Beauhurst
- We engaged with our target audience of scaleup companies and key stakeholders seeking out invaluable advice and a steer on what was needed
- We took on board national research identifying gaps that needed addressing and in turn we launched our first three themed pilot programmes supporting Lancashire’s scaleups in partnership with expert delivery partners
- We integrated ourselves within the Lancashire business support ecosystem, engaged with our target audience of scaleup companies and key stakeholders about what was needed and launched our three pilot programmes supporting Lancashire’s scaleups in partnership with our expert delivery partners.
Like any organisation we had to quickly adapt and pivot during 2020 as the effects of coronavirus were felt. We regrouped, strategised and quickly moved to a different way of working and delivering.
All our pilot programmes changed their delivery model to ensure business leaders received the support they needed. We also launched a new strand focusing on scaleup resurgence and we engaged with companies to amplify and share their stories.
We’re now reflecting on the progress we made last year and setting our ambitious goals for the next 12 months.
As we start 2021, Two Zero has some exciting developments and new programmes to further support Lancashire’s scaleup companies to go on and achieve even greater things. Watch this space!